WHAT SHOULD WE WEAR IN WINTER?
Hilltop Hedgehogs Forest Schools recommended List of Winter Clothing:
On the top
Lots of thin layers will keep you much warmer than one thick one. We recommend that layers are worn underneath the coat.
•A short sleeved t-shirt or thermal vest
• A long sleeved t-shirts
• An old jumper (which you won’t mind getting muddy)
· A Warm Coat (which you won’t mind getting muddy)
• A waterproof coat over the top if your warm coat is not waterproof (which you won’t mind getting muddy)
All these layers are recommended, it is easier to shed a layer if you get too hot.
On the bottom
It is recommended that in cold winter weather, 2-3 layers are worn on the bottom. For example:
• 1-2 pairs of tights or leggings (Wool, fleece or thermal. For underneath your trousers)
• Old trousers (which you won’t mind getting muddy)
• Waterproof over-trousers
• TWO PAIRS OF SOCKS IS NOT ENOUGH! Wear as many as you can comfortably fit inside your wellies of boots but not so many that it’s tight which will make your toes colder. (I wear 2 pairs of wool or fleece socks inside my sheepskin winter boots.)
• Wellies (bigger wellies than the size normally worm will allow enough socks to be worn to keep feet warm and dry)
· Snow boots can be great because they are warm but must be waterproof all the way up.